question

nirmal avatar image
nirmal Suspended asked nirmal Suspended commented

status code 400 when adding modifier to line item clover

I am adding some custom line item to order . I need to add some custom modifier to recognize item later. When i m adding modifier with line item id and order id i am getting status code 400 error.

Custom Modifiers
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mark Mullan avatar image Mark Mullan commented ·

Hi,

Will you provide the request URI + request body? A screenshot from a REST API client like Postman would be helpful.

0 Likes 0 ·
nirmal avatar image nirmal commented ·

Hii I am using android SDK and using following code snippet :-

LineItem lineItem= mOrderConnector.addCustomLineItem(orderId, mItem, false); Modifier modifier= new Modifier(); modifier.setName("Demo"); mOrderConnector.addLineItemModification(orderId, lineitem.getId(), modifier);

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered nirmal Suspended commented

Hi @Nirmal,

A Modifier is associated with an Item, and a Modification is associated with a LineItem. Looks like you're instantiating a Modifier and trying to associate it with a LineItem. Let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nirmal avatar image nirmal commented ·

Can you please elaborate the same so i can rectify this

0 Likes 0 ·
Dan avatar image
Dan answered Mark Mullan Deactivated commented

I believe that the modification that you add to a line item has to be a proper modifier in the merchant's inventor (can't make a one-off custom modification). Try adding a modifier with the uuid provided by InventoryConnector#getModifierGroups(...) and InventoryConnector.getModifiers(...).

Alternatively, could use InventoryConnector#createModifierGroup(...) and InventoryConnector#createModifier(...), and once it is persisted to the database you can get the proper modifier uuid and then should be able to add it to the order (don't actually do this for each order though).

2 comments
10 |2000

Converting to Answer... this is what you're looking for @Nirmal. Thanks @dan.

0 Likes 0 ·

Keep in mind that you'll need to modifier.setPrice() to be able to persist it to the db - it looks like in your example code @Nirmal that a price was not set. Price is a required property for a Modifier.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community