question

dtooker avatar image
dtooker asked dtooker commented

Clover Mini connectivity issue

I am unable to get the Sample POS to connect to the Clover Mini device. I get the message "The Clover transport layer can see the USB device, but encountered an error when attempting to send it a message...". I installed the SDK, and the USB Drivers. The Mini itself can run sandbox transactions without a problem, and the device shows up in Devices and Printers as a C300, with 3 sub devices: Clover Mini Customer Mode; Clover Mini Customer Mode Alt Interface; and USB Composite Device. In Device Manager, I see the 2 Clover Mini items under Clover Devices, and the USB Comp. Device seems to be under USB controllers. The System is Windows 7 Professional, SP1. Am I missing part of the setup? Where can I start troubleshooting this? I'm on a tight deadline to get this integration going, and if I can't get the samples working, then I'm sunk. Any help would be appreciated.

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sophia avatar image sophia commented ·

Hi,

Which SDKs are you using? Windows, Android, or Cloud?

0 Likes 0 ·
dtooker avatar image dtooker commented ·

Windows. Trying to integrate with a .Net application.

0 Likes 0 ·
blake avatar image blake ♦ commented ·

which version of the SDK? and I assume you are using the USB connector?

Do/did you happen to have an older version of the SDK installed?

0 Likes 0 ·

This is the first attempt at installing, and is version 1.0.0.0, downloaded from GitHub on Monday. No prior installs/versions on this PC. After installing, I tried to run the Clover Example POS, which runs, but gives the error mentioned above. Edit to add: I get the same result when trying to run the sample from either the standalone EXE downloaded w/the SDK, or from inside the Development Environment.

0 Likes 0 ·

Now I do, and now it works. Where did I miss that one?

0 Likes 0 ·
blake avatar image
blake answered

Do you have USB Pay Display installed on the Mini?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dtooker avatar image
dtooker answered

The connection issue was caused by improper setup of the Clover Mini Device, specifically, missing installation of the USB Pay Display app. Answer suggested by Blake.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community