question

bntssoft avatar image
bntssoft asked John Paul Hayes answered

Push Notifications being received twice.

Hi,

We have come across one issue .. We have a scenario where in we send push notifications from our online portal to clover station for new restaurant orders. Since from couple of days, we are getting push for already acknowledged orders i.e. for order id #FGDHFGKJGHK we are getting push twice even though it has been received already. What can be possible reasons for above scenario??

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

John Paul Hayes avatar image
John Paul Hayes answered

Hi there,

These can be hard issues to track down but generally easy so resolve when the root cause has been established. Generally speaking push notification services do not send duplicates and are very good an ensuring this doesn't happen. So I would not start at this layer. Go back to your invoking code as the problem is more than likely there. I encountered a similar problem recently (on iOS) and it was the same piece of code (method) being called from two places that caused the duplication. Since you've identified where the push is being invoked (your online portal), I'd start there.

I hope this helps!

//JP

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community