question

erikolson avatar image
erikolson asked erikolson commented

Can I create an "API" App?

There must be a lot of people like me who need to integrate Clover with internal systems but need to be able to build these things without having to make a public app. Also, even if the "private" application is adapted to a "public" version, the pace of the approval process can also be a problem. I have created an app called "Overstock" for my client, which syncs the Clover inventory with their database and lets them scan items into inventory, however in order to deploy this app for my client I've had to conform to all of the requirements of a public app including the Privacy Policy and EULAs, screen shots, customer support, Etc, and because the app has not yet been approved they have already lost the benefits of having it through Black Friday.

The solution to this issue would be to have an app which is simply an API wrapper, perhaps with some additional security restrictions to prevent abuse. Does anyone think that this might be a good idea and could I build and publish something like this for the other developers?

-Erik

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

intirewebb avatar image
intirewebb answered erikolson commented

Hey Erik,

Have you tried having your client go to https://www.clover.com/oauth/authoriz...id={YOURAPP_ID}? I've used this before to load an app directly onto a client's Clover without going through the approval process and it works without an issue.

Regards, Mike

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

erikolson avatar image erikolson commented ·

I tried that but it says "Not Found". It works when I'm logged in as myself and use one of my test merchants but I guess it's not part of the "Real" world yet.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community