question

wdc avatar image
wdc asked Jacob Abrams answered

POS semi integration questions

Hello, we use a certain iOS based POS that I'd like to see about semi integrateing the clover mini into it for payment processing abilities. Before I get too far into it I'd like to ask a couple questions to see if doing this would meet our needs.

I'd like it to not only receive the transaction amount automatically from the POS but if possible the items purchased detail for receipt printing. Would the item detail for the receipt be possible even though there is no inventory information in the clover mini itself? In addition, would it be possible to use the mini as the receipt printer for all transactions, such as cash transactions, or would it only be possible to print the credit card transactions?

Also, would it be possible to connect multiple iPad POS devices to one clover mini at the same time? Obviously, only one can process at a time, but would it be possible for them to all be connected and take turns processing payments?

Thanks so much for any advice! Stephen

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered

Assuming you have the source code for the iOS POS app the answer to all your questions is yes. Yes you can send the payment amount to the Clover Mini, yes you can use the Clover Mini as a printer to print any text or images you want, yes you can have multiple devices Controll the Clover Mini, but of course only if it isn't busy with another device.

You will need to develop an adapter app that runs on the Clover Mini which receives commands from your iOS app and then passes those commands on to the Pay Display app. Most likely you would want to use tcpip as your transport mechanism.

We are actually building an iOS API now to make this easier if you don't mind waiting and don't want to write the adapter on the Clover mini side.

https://www.clover.com/integrations

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community