question

woolton-dev avatar image
woolton-dev asked woolton-dev commented

Clover sample data or data structure definition

Is there any sample data or data structure definition with the data types of the fields? We have been unable to find this. We just found the REST API calls on the documentation and there you can enter a merchant ID, but ours has nothing of course so we have no way to analyze how to work with the data. We searched here and couldn't find any info. Any help would be appreciated.

Update 14 January 2016 So I do see that there is some data structure definitions on some of the calls. I initially looked at a few from Inventory and it showed no response or the data structure, so I assumed they were all like this. It would be great to just get some samples, since these are missing or will there ever be an update any time soon with these details?

Update So we found that there is an inventory sample file that we missed. In the build page, you will find an example inventory file. This question has details on how to load this. Basically just:

1. Logon to your sandbox account
  2. Click on your name on the top right (a list should appear)
  3. Under "merchant" click on your sandbox merchant name
  4. Here you can click on the "inventory" web app
  5. In the inventory web app click "Import inventory"

That should be it and you're all set. The inventory should be in your dev device to test.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered woolton-dev commented

The v3 REST API documentation is sorely lacking type information and descriptions. The clover-android-sdk uses identical objects just in java instead of JSON so I recommend going to http://clover.github.io/clover-androi... and finding the class of object you are interested in such as com.clover.sdk.v3.inventory.Item and looking at what each of the get methods return.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

woolton-dev avatar image woolton-dev commented ·

Thanks so much, I didn't think of this. You are a genius! It would be great to get sample data, but for now we can make this work like this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community