question

dbriese avatar image
dbriese asked Jacob Abrams commented

Can you please provide a .jar file of the Clover SDK?

Hello,

I have found the source code for the Clover SDK on git. Is it possible you could provide this as a jar file as well?

Thank you!

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered Jacob Abrams commented

The clover-android-sdk is designed to run only android devices hence it is available as an AAR file through maven and not a JAR file. Can you explain why you need a JAR file specifically? See http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%... for a link to download the AAR manually if you choose. Our instructions https://docs.clover.com/build/android... describe how to add a maven dependency to a gradle build file if you want to automatically download the clover-android-sdk during your build.

UPDATE:

If you want to obtain the class files from the clover-android-sdk you can do the following: clone the clover-android-sdk repo from https://github.com/clover/clover-andr... and follow the instructions to build it. Go to the clover-android-sdk/clover-android-sdk/build/intermediates/bundles/release directory and get the classes.jar and libs/calc.jar file. You won't be able to use any of the Fragment classes since they require layouts and images that are only available in the AAR.

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dbriese avatar image dbriese commented ·

We are not using Android Studio to create our android application. Instead we are using Delphi. It requires a jar file in order to use the sdk directly. Thank you for the maven link. I have seen there is a sources-jar file available for download there. I am attempting to use this. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello again. The jar file on the maven repository does not have any .class files in it. Is it possible for you to provide one that does have the .class files? Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

I updated my answer to include instructions on getting JAR files with precompiled classes in them. Personally I'd recommend building your app using Java and the Android SDK, it looks like if you use Delphi you will need to use JNI to work with the clover-android-sdk and your user interface will use something called FireMonkey which is not standard Android. Perhaps they try to mimic Android as best they can?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

Just curious if you are planning on going forward with a Delphi app or with a standard android app?

0 Likes 0 ·

Delphi is a cross platform compiler. You can compile the same code for a windows, ios or android platform. As it turned out I have not yet needed the jar file. I have implemented the BroadcastReceiver for the barcode scanner in Delphi without using the jar. I am next going to implement the secure_payment intent by launching the intent as it is from Delphi. I am still thankful for the jar as I may end up needing it in the future. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community