question

caseyd avatar image
caseyd asked rbokajr answered

Web App vs Android APK - use cases/pros/cons

I am pretty confused about the purpose of the "Web App" .... What is the point of it, if Android is required to show up on Clover Stations? Can someone please explain to me which to choose?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rbokajr avatar image
rbokajr answered

I think a good example would be a web based store that syncs with the inventory / items from your Clover setup. e.g. We use this to make our (restaurant) menu available for online ordering for pick-up orders. You don't really need an app on the device itself to manage something like this, as long as you're using the web app piece to input things that can be managed by other apps on the clover environment.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

anthonypinto avatar image
anthonypinto answered

A few more examples:

1. Merchant facing dashboard style apps. This includes apps used to display and analyze merchant data in new or different ways, useful to a merchant. It might also include cases where a merchant is coordinating across multiple locations (merchant accounts), or multiple sources of data (comparing Clover transactions with supply chain data)

2. Integration apps. This covers apps which are used for synching data between the clover platform and other, pre-existing services, such as accounting software.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community