question

q-factor avatar image
q-factor asked Bryanne Vega commented

Third party app auto-decrementing stock count

If we set Clover not to auto-decrement the stock, should a third party app that tracks stock be updating the stock back to Clover ? What would be a best practice.

Inventory
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

q-factor avatar image q-factor commented ·

I have edited the question to be more clear that the premise is, if we actually opt Clover not to auto-decrement.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

Please verify my updated answer.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered q-factor commented

There are many ways to implement, you can have an app in Clover listening to the events or you can have it updated on your services automatically by the use of webhooks.

I strongly suggest reading over the API / SDK docs hence there are quite a lot of operations that you might want to take to ensure everything is running smoothly.

Original Answer

Clover does auto-decrease stock upon a successful sale. See Inventory > Setup > "Have Clover Auto-Decrease Stock"

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

q-factor avatar image q-factor commented ·

yes, I am able to track stocks on my end both ways and I am also updating stock count that I am tracking, back to clover, to update the stock count on Clover, since it is opted that Clover need not do that automatically. My question is whether I should be doing the latter. I am concerned that if two such applications do the same, that would cause conflicts or if a different application is expecting the stock count to remain static on Clover end, because that is what is opted.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community