question

liju avatar image
liju asked liju commented

V2 Payment REST API error - Declined CC Payments in Sandbox merchant

Hi Clover Team, I am getting DECLINED credit card transactions in Sandbox merchant from clover's v2 REST /pay api when paying for orders. I am using the Test Credit card that Clover has sent to me with the Developer Kit. Below are the merchant and failed transaction details. Could you please let me know why these payments were DECLINED, even though this Test Card works just fine when I manually swipe it on the Clover Mobile unit to pay for an order.

My Sandbox Merchant Id: X5Z3YQGKGZYRA Failed Transaction Example: {"paymentId":"MNKWZAEMCWGDE","result":"DECLINED","failureMessage":"INV TRAN","level":"info","message":"","timestamp":"2016-02-22T19:52:12.757Z"}

This issue is linked to the following post also in DevAsk : http://devask.clover.com/question/197...

Could you please let us know what happening here and what we need to do for making a successful payment?

PS: This always was working when we were testing to launch our apps to Production but now it is not.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered Bryanne Vega commented

The answer to this is simple, both on FDPOS & Access One the TransAmor Tokens must be enabled 1 TransArmor Security Level 1 TransArmor Encryption Type T TransArmor Token Indicator

If you do not know what this is, get in contact with your ISO, if your ISO does not know what it is, you need a new ISO. This is not a production issue, rather than an account not properly setup.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bejoy Nair avatar image Bejoy Nair commented ·

Bryanne - This is a sandbox account. Not sure how an ISO would help. Solution needs to come from Clover..Could you elaborate please.

thx,

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

Ah I see, on the other question, it does matter regarding the ISO. In this case, why dont you try to create a new merchant for the dev device and list it under it and see if that resolves it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered liju commented

Hello all, another developer sent us their source code because they were also hitting an INV TRAN error message when using the v2 web pay API, and we determined that they were improperly encrypting their credit card (using phpseclib's _exponentiate instead of encrypt in their case).

For this verification process, I built a sample Java app that encrypts the credit card exactly as our server expects it to be. This allowed me to correlate my results against their codebase by testing both with the exact same Clover credentials.

Please test your code using this Java app: https://docs.clover.com/v2webpaytest

1 comment
10 |2000

liju avatar image liju commented ·

Hi Mike, This is great. We too kind of figured out encryption was the problem but could not find out what is going wrong in the code since we are using the same sample java code provided in the Clover Developer FAQ section for encrypting. We will try this test code. Thanks a lot.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community