question

vhernandez avatar image
vhernandez asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

Clover Station NFC payments and scanner

I'm working with a Clover Station 2018 and a Clover Station Solo, I have some questions about these devices, I hope you can help me.

Do you know if they support NFC for contact less payments by themself without any extra accessory?.

I've also noticed there is a customer facing printer, it seems to allow NFC payments, is it compatible for the station 2018 and the solo?

Do you know if the Station 2018 is discontinued?. The question is because I made a small demo using the scanner on the 2018, and the scanner works great, however, we bought a Solo and the scanner does not work the same as the 2018.

Thank you always for your time and help
PrintClover Stationbarcode scanner
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

Station 2018 supports NFC payment via the connected customer-facing printer / display.

Station Solo does not support NFC payments. You cannot connect that printer / display to a Solo. Solo is intended as merchant-facing only, and my theory is that we saw NFC as a customer-facing payment mechanism.

Station 2018 isn't "discontinued", but it's no longer in production and is superseded by Station Duo, which does also support NFC payments via the connected customer-facing terminal.

The built-in scanner's performance can vary by device model. Lighting conditions do make a difference. If you post the barcode I can try it here.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community