question

Ajmal M A avatar image
Ajmal M A asked Ajmal M A edited

How to add custom text to order print?

We are using following code to take a order print.

PrintJob printJob = new StaticOrderPrintJob.Builder().markPrinted(true).itemIds(itemIds).order(orderId).build();

printJob.print(SocketService.this, mAccount);

It prints the order details correctly.

Now I want to add some custom information like customer name to this print receipt. Is it possible? Then please guide me to how to add custom text information to order print job?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ajmal M A avatar image
Ajmal M A answered Ajmal M A edited
As per the reply (Added below) From clover developer help I added Order note string with custom text to achieve this.

You can print the Order's note string on the order receipt. You can programmatically update the note field with any string through the Android SDK or our REST API. However, the merchant has to enable printing the note on the order receipt on their device. There's not a programmatic way to enable this.

The merchant can change this by going to Setup app > Order Receipts > Checking "Order Note"
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval answered

Unfortunately it's not currently possible to customise Order receipts. You can however customise Payment receipts - Jeffs answer to this question shows a way to do this via Smart Receipts and through code: https://devask.clover.com/question/1/...

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community