question

jim-patel avatar image
jim-patel asked tami commented

App Updater not updating apps

I am running an emulator with Android 4.2.2, like a Clover Station. App Updater will not update any apps. The reason seems to be it's trying to install apps that require Android 4.4.4, and it bails out of the installation process if any app fails to verify.

The offending apps are com.clover.auths and com.clover.figleaf, both of which require 4.4.4.

Is there any way to notify Clover that the emulator device should be viewed as a Station instead of a Mobile or Mini? As is, none of the apps will load in the emulator.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tami avatar image tami commented ·

4.2.2 API 17 - Station - I am also seeing this for the Genymotion VM I have set up with 4.2.2 API 17 - Appupdater tries to download all updates to the apps but there is no prompt to install and the updates just disappear. Even if I try click on "continue" to install all the updates nothing happens. Here is a screencast - http://www.screencast.com/users/Tami.Perka/folders/Default/media/605f42c6-d54f-4707-ad5f-71dfad7823c9 4.4.4 API 19 - Mini/Mobile - The other VM i have set up to test Mini/Mobiles with has 4.4.4 API 19 and the appupdater and prompt to install all updates works fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark R avatar image
Mark R answered jim-patel commented

I am running an emulator with Android 4.4.2, like a Clover Station.

That's where the issue is at. In order to emulate clover station you have to use Android 4.2.2 Try with 4.2.2 and see how it goes

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jim-patel avatar image jim-patel commented ·

You are correct, it is 4.2.2. I misremembered when I made the post and didn't verify. I have edited my question to reflect the correct version of Android that is being used.

0 Likes 0 ·
hj02 avatar image
hj02 answered

I had the same issue. You can find my thread here: http://devask.clover.com/question/99/... The app updater issue only occurs with 4.2.2 as far as I've seen. For now, you will have to use 4.4.2 for the app updater to work properly. However, there is also a bug in 4.4.2 where Clover crashes when you try to add a developer account. Using an older version of the clover engine (1452), you can get around this issue.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community