question

allen avatar image
allen asked allen commented

Clover Mini automatically returns to customer facing display mode after ~10 seconds

I am testing with the Clover Mini and noticing what I believe is a bug with the device. After I press the four corners to get out of the customer-facing display app, the device will automatically return me to the customer-facing display after about 10 seconds.

This will happen no matter what I am doing. For example, I was editing settings in the "Setup" app and while doing so was automatically redirected to the customer-facing display. This seems wrong. Is there an auto-logout setting that I am missing?

Also, I notice that there is a brief flash of a modal dialog that says "Customer View Disabled." I don't know why that is showing up but it might be related to this issue.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike M avatar image Mike M commented ·

Is this for the semi-integrated use case or a tethered Mini by chance?

0 Likes 0 ·
allen avatar image allen commented ·

Semi-integrated using the RemotePayCloud: https://github.com/clover/remote-pay-...

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered allen commented

I've experienced the same behavior when I was using RemotePayCloud. As far as I can tell, the Remote Pay server tries to maintain the Clover Mini in this Customer Mode state. While that is the expected behavior, I can see how it may be disruptive if the Customer Mode was willingly exited by the merchant. I'll see if I can get more information for you.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

allen avatar image allen commented ·

Hi, just following up. Is there any way to disable the auto-redirect to the CloudPay Display app? It makes the rest of the device unusable. The customer needs to be able to use other apps on the device and this behavior is not allowing them to.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community