question

billmoller avatar image
billmoller asked billmoller commented

I'm trying to get my first ever transaction, but results show me data from 3 days ago...

I'm using the following URL:

"payments?expand=cardTransaction,taxRates,lineItemPayments,refunds,order,tender,employee&orderBy=createdTime%20ASC&offset=0&limit=1"

It returns transaction with ID: BFPVD5YC6PQRT on 09-Feb-2016 2:09 pm

But my first ever transaction is: BER8957JDE1ZC on 26-Jan-2016 2:54 pm

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered billmoller commented

orderBy=createdTime%20ASC is why you're getting your older transactions first. Try changing ASC to DESC

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

billmoller avatar image billmoller commented ·

DESC returns: EPNY8NVKR4936 on 12-Feb-2016 1:51 pm, my most recent transaction... also, created descending should be the latest, so I expected ascending to be the earliest.

0 Likes 0 ·

I just called it again with ASC, and it returned: ID: 0GDJR2WNF4PWC 09-Feb-2016 2:56 pm, as if the "payments" method only goes back to a three day window?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike M avatar image Mike M commented ·

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I dove into our server code and am adding on to Jim's answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
billmoller avatar image
billmoller answered

DESC returns: EPNY8NVKR4936 on 12-Feb-2016 1:51 pm, my most recent transaction...

10 |2000

jim-patel avatar image
jim-patel answered billmoller commented

https://docs.clover.com/build/web-apps/web-api/#pagination might explain your problem. You get up to 100 results by default.

3 comments
10 |2000

There is apparently some custom logic on the Payments endpoint, likely created in response to developer abuse or something. Basically, it breaks it down the payments into time segments whenever a query is missing a modifiedTime filter. To avoid this, add a modifiedTime filter to your request to query less than the current timestamp (or provide a better timestamp range).

I actually was able to test this on your test merchant too, and I have verified the response is what you are looking for. /payments?orderBy=createdTime%20ASC&filter=modifiedTime<1455318559000

0 Likes 0 ·

Without the modifiedTime query and with a limit+offset less than 500, the server automatically adds a 3 days filter as you described. As the limit+offset increases, the days filter changes as well.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you Mike! I knew I was missing something. It sounds like you figured it out. I'll try this when I return.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community