question

sri2ee avatar image
sri2ee asked sri2ee commented

Refunding an item/order onto a different payment instrument than the one used in originmal tender/payment

Say Customer used his credit card while buying some stuff. He later comes back to return some of the original items he bought. But unfortunately he either lost the card or card got disabled etc. How can I issue a refund from the Orders App but issue refund payment on a different payment instrument like say a different credit card or as cash.

I know I can use "Manual Refund" app for this, but if I use that app I will not be able to associate the manual refund payment with the Order that is being returned/refunded. It would be great if I can select an Order in Orders App and trigger Manual refund from the Orders App, instead of automatically refunding the amount onto the original payment instrument.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered sri2ee commented

No, refunds are applied to the tender used to take the associated payment.

You can add notes to orders, so you might be able to get away with noting this situation on the order. I'd expect it to be unusual. I think the accounting would work out so no problem there.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sri2ee avatar image sri2ee commented ·

Thanks for the clarification

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community