question

sri2ee avatar image
sri2ee asked sri2ee commented

Configuring devices with different address, timezone etc under the same merchant

I have a usecase where we want to use Clover in different outlets that are located in different regions, hence will have different addresses and might need to use different timezones. How can I achieve this using Clover? I know that we can use different merchants for each location, but that defeats the purpose of running these network of retail outlets as a single business. And we will not be able to support cross outlet/store refunds and exchanges i.e buying in one store and returning at another store possibly in a different region/timezone.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered sri2ee commented

You cannot have different addresses / timezones for a given merchant. As you stated, the devices for a Clover Merchant are meant to be physically in the same location. If you have different geos you should represent them with different merchants.

If you attempt to do this anyway, you may run into other problems as the Clover devices for the merchant attempt to sync data between each other. Imagine 100 devices across the country constantly syncing data from other retail locations.

We are prototyping methods to turn off x-device synchronization, but to be honest I don't know off the top of my head what other problems you may run into going forward with this.

It seems like the inability to perform a refund programmatically is the sticking point I can file an internal issue to review this decision. I can't offer an ETA on a solution however.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sri2ee avatar image sri2ee commented ·

I understand that we can not actually issue a REFUND programmatically, but can we at least do things like: -- mark a line item under an Order as 'refunded' or 'exchanged' using the APIs -- adding a new 'refund payment' (which we might have done as a manual refund in clover device) under the Order?

In these cases, it should simply be considered as order modification, not as a monetary transaction.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Can you use line item notes for this purpose? No, you cannot mark a line item as refunded without actually refunding it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community