question

skodama avatar image
skodama asked skodama commented

EXTRA_ASK_FOR_TIP is ignored on ACTION_SECURE_PAY

Hi,

I'm using the payment app via Intents.ACTIONSECUREPAY, and it seems that the Intents.EXTRAASKFOR_TIP is being ignored at the payment app.

Is this a bug or is that extra not being supported?

I'm using the Clover Mini developer device.

Thank you.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered skodama commented

EXTRA_ASK_FOR_TIP is not a valid extra for ACTION_SECURE_PAY. Tip entry is not part of the secure payment flow. It's the responsibility of the app that starts Secure Payments to acquire the tip amount, and provide it as an extra to Secure Payments (see EXTRA_TIP_AMOUNT).

You can start an activity to query the customer for a tip amount using ACTION_CUSTOMER_ADD_TIP, or your app can gather the tip amount itself prior to calling Secure Payments.

You can always refer to the class Intents in the Clover Android SDK to see what extras are supported for particular actions.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

skodama avatar image skodama commented ·

Hi Jeff,

I was wondering why it won't ask for tip on ACTIONSECUREPAY even though I have set to ask for tip in the merchant account setting, and your answer made it clear.

Thanks for the detailed info.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community