question

jawheele avatar image
jawheele asked jawheele commented

How, If At All, Do Clover Devices On the Same Merchant Communicate Application Data?

Hello!

I haven't had any luck finding a description of this in the documentation, so I figured I'd ask here:

I'm in development of an application for which I'd like to store some data relevant to a particular merchant. I know that clover devices registered to the same merchant sync application updates when connected to the internet, but does there exist a mechanism for storing and accessing information common to all devices on that merchant? Ideally, something in the vein of android's Sharedpreferences model for storing small amounts of key-value pair application data on a particular device, but that I could both read from and write to as any device on a particular merchant. Or, even better, does the current syncing of applications already push sharedpreferences information as well somehow? The requirement of internet connectivity is not an issue (it's already required for other core processes of the application). If such a structure does not already exist on Clover's side, I could develop a mechanism for doing this through our own systems/servers, but I figured I'd simplify wherever possible. If it does exist, could a good samaritan please direct me to the relevant documentation?

Sorry if this is an obvious or silly question-- I'm still quite new to development in general.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered jawheele commented

We do not provide a generalized data storage API for syncing data between Clover devices associated with the same merchant.

We do provide an API for sending notifications between from server to device, and from device to device. So the bare bones of what you need are there, but you will have to devise your own data storage and syncing mechanism. Here's a link to the app notification API components of the Clover Android SDK, https://github.com/clover/clover-andr...

Here's a link to the relevant REST API, https://www.clover.com/api_docs#!/not...

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jawheele avatar image jawheele commented ·

Alright, excellent! After a cursory look over the v1.app API documentation, I think I can use that to suit my purposes without too much trouble. Thanks for showing me where to look!

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community