question

bbiwer avatar image
bbiwer asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

Remaining balance on receipt

I need to add the remaining balance to a receipt for our custom tender. This could be one line or multiple lines if split tender is used.

My current approach is to use a ReceiptContentProvider which seems problematic given that it is not guaranteed to be called (to clear static memory) and cannot query the order (say for balances stored in note fields).

What is the best way to get my gift card balances printed on a sales receipt? Am I missing a built in mechanism?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

Receipt content is for the most part static. We've done some prototyping for templated receipts but it's not currently on the roadmap to make it into the product. These are your options,

1. Smart Receipts allow you to add some static text and a dynamic web link. You could setup a web site of your own to provide a more detailed receipt of your design to the customer.

2. The receipt registration mechanism you already noted. This only works for paper receipts and not web receipts. It will be called, but there's a 2 second timeout. The response must be returned within that time it the call will be aborted.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community