question

andrewkuo avatar image
andrewkuo asked andrewkuo commented

Orders entered via Rest API are not showing in POS (but are showing in online portal)

I am entering new orders using the Platform REST API.

I have made sure to mark the state of the order as "open." The order does show up on the online portal. However the order is not showing up on the POS terminal.

I am using the "create atomic order" endpoint which does not have a "state" variable available so I use the "update order" endpoint to add the "open" state as well as a couple other items like associating the customer id and employee id.

Am I missing something?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Clover Station
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered
I have made sure to mark the state of the order as "open." The order does show up on the online portal. However the order is not showing up on the POS terminal.

You do not need to mark the order as "Open" when using the Atomic Order API, so please, don't do that.

Is the device online? Are you sure the device is associated with the merchant account you are creating orders for?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andrewkuo avatar image
andrewkuo answered andrewkuo commented
You do not need to mark the order as "Open" when using the Atomic Order API, so please, don't do that.

Good to know. Thanks.

Yes, the device is online and associated with the merchant account.

And actually, after creating a payment record for that order, the payment shows up on the POS terminal so that's working.

Would it matter if the order is in test mode? Currently I have it in test mode, but I did a test without test mode and it also wasn't showing up on the POS terminal even though it is showing up on the online portal.

2 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I am not certain about test mode, but yes, I would try without it. Are you sure you don't have any filters set in the Orders app?

0 Likes 0 ·
andrewkuo avatar image andrewkuo David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Ah there it is. Our manager wasn't displaying all orders. We found them. Thanks for your help David

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community