question

paulryan avatar image
paulryan asked paulryan commented

Java Pos secure network pay refund issue

I have one issue in refunds, though I’m doing refund with hard coded payment and order ID. It reaches refundPaymentResponse but when I try to print refund ID it gives me null pointer exception.

I don’t get any confirmation on the screen that refund is made. If I remove printing then it just does nothing. Can you see from the code what am I doing wrong?

secure network pay display
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Maybe, would you like to share it?

0 Likes 0 ·
paulryan avatar image paulryan David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Hi David,

Sorry about that please see the below

0 Likes 0 ·
paulryan avatar image
paulryan answered paulryan commented

Hi David,

Sorry about that please see the below

1588782812323.png (166.9 KiB)
5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

What SDK are you using? The Java SDK? What version? I thought that was deprecated and is no longer supported as of quite awhile ago. Can you inspect the response?

0 Likes 0 ·

Java SDK 1.41

0 Likes 0 ·
paulryan avatar image paulryan paulryan commented ·

Hi David,

I believe the Java SDK is still support in Europe?

Paul

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
paulryan avatar image
paulryan answered paulryan commented

Clover Connector for Java POS integration

Version

Current version: 1.4.1

Overview

This SDK allows your Java-based point-of-sale (POS) system to communicate with a Clover® payment device and process payment transactions. Learn more about Clover integrations.

The Java project includes a class library (clover-connector-java) and several examples. One example uses the command line, and another is a PoS application that uses JavaFX. There are also several "getting started" examples.

To work with the project effectively, you will need:

• Gradle (suggested version: 3.4).
  • The Java SDK (Java 8 or greater required).
  • To experience transactions end-to-end from the merchant and customer perspectives, we also recommend ordering a Clover DevKit.

Getting started

• clover-connector-java requires Java 7 or higher.
  • clover-connector-java-example-pos and clover-connector-java-examples require Java 8 or higher (uses JavaFX).
  • Use gradle assemble to build the project from the command line. (Comment out clover-connector-java-example-pos in settings.gradle if using Java 7.) You may also import the project into IntelliJ IDEA using the root build.gradle file.

Getting connected

1. Make sure your Clover DevKit and Java Example App are on the same network submask and have ports unblocked.
  2. Install the Secure Network Pay Display app on the Clover device.
  3. Start the Secure Network Pay Display app. This will also install the Pay Display app if it's not already present on the device.
  4. Start clover-connector-java-example-pos (com.clover.remote.client.lib.example.ExamplePOS main class) and enter the address as displayed on the Clover device.

Additional resources

8 comments
10 |2000

The source still exists in github, but it is not supported and has not been for a long time. https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/using-clover-connector

0 Likes 0 ·

Ok why don't you support it anymore, was their problem with it ?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ paulryan commented ·

No problems, I don't think it was commonly used and it was more of a business decision.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community