question

evangreenberg avatar image
evangreenberg asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

How do I set an open price for a generic item.

I want to have a generic item such as "Open Sale Item". This item will not be an inventory item and will be used for customer returns, seconds and slightly damaged products that we will resell. How do I set the item so I can add the sell price at the time of purchase since every item will be different? Because of the set up of our CMS (proprietary) these can not be inventory items or have unique barcodes. Using Clover Station

Clover Station
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

We do not have the concept of an item without a price, but you can add a custom line item and set the price to whatever you want though. Seems really close to what you are asking. You can set the item name at the time it's added to the order if you need to further identify it in some way. Or you could set a note on the order.

The other probably silly thing I can think of is creating a unit quantity item, and have the units be cents, and the price per unit of $0.01. That'll end up looking strange on receipts though.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community