question

saad-bin-iqbal avatar image
saad-bin-iqbal asked saad-bin-iqbal commented

I want to get some information like mobile number at the time on swiping Loyalty Card.

We are developing a clover application that would create a custom tender namely "Loyal Patron". Here this tender would be displayed on clover Payment application screen. Now when merchant will click on this tender then our app screen(with some input fields) will be opened. So here we required to identify our loyal patron customer by card number or mobile number. On this my screen we say to swipe the loyalty card.

Now I want to get some information like mobile number from the card when loyalty card is swiped so that we can put the mobile number into the field without manual interaction to proceed further.

So please suggest me how we could implement this functionality like getting info from loyalty card on my app screen on swiping card.

Please consider attached screen to get better understanding.

Clover Android SDKClover Minilifecycle
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

saad-bin-iqbal avatar image saad-bin-iqbal commented ·

@Jeffrey Blattman, Please provide details on the same so that we can implement it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ saad-bin-iqbal commented ·

You have a custom tender app that respond to that button click?

0 Likes 0 ·
Yes.
when that custom tender button "Loyal Patron" is clicked then my application(showing screen in 2nd attached image) is opened. On this screen merchant will swipe the loyalty card and I want to get information from Loyalty card on swiping so that i can enter card or mobile number into fields to proceed further.
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered saad-bin-iqbal commented
You can do that, see ACTION_SECURE_CARD_DATA in the SDK.

If you card is not financial format just use the above. If it is, your BIN will need to be whitelisted. Please contact appmarketbusiness@clover.com to get more information.
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @Jeffrey Blattman, It worked.
0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community