question

devendra avatar image
devendra asked Greg commented

Remote Pay Java - GC number request

Hi,
Using Remote pay Java SDK, which request we have to send for GC number capture?
We just want to get the full gift card number after swiping the GC on Clover mini device, so that we can send the same GC number further to another payment gateway we are using in our POS system for GC authorization.

Thanks,
Devendra
Sale
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Greg avatar image
Greg answered Greg commented
Hi @Devendra, the clover connector has a readCardData() method, as well as a onReadCardDataResponse() on the listener. This will simply launch a fragment of the payment screen where you will be able to swipe the card, resulting in a response that you can parse. It might be encrypted, however, so there may be some BIN whitelisting needed.

Best,
Greg
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

devendra avatar image devendra commented ·

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the info. I looked into the ReadCardDataResponse and can see object of CardData.

If I understood correctly, CardData give only first6 and last4 of card number. Also we are getting track 1 and track 2 as encrypted string. is any one of this is full card number?

We want to have full card number what is being swiped, so that we can reroute the full card to different payment vendor.

Please let me know if I need to provide more details for my requirement.

Thanks,

Devendra

0 Likes 0 ·
Greg avatar image Greg devendra commented ·

Hi @Devendra,

We will have to whitelist that particular BIN for you to see the full number. Please add in a private comment the first 6 digits you see, and we will whitelist it for you, thanks.

Greg

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community