question

awkasem avatar image
awkasem asked awkasem edited

Split Payment Clover Dining bug - any answer is helpful.

Split payment for individual guests from the three dots menu creates new orders with new ids and leaves the payType empty. So it is confusing when this happens, it is hard to tell whether a new order created under the same table name or it is a split payment case

Steps to reproducs:

1. Dine in app

2. add one item to Guest 1

3. Add another item to Guest 2

4. Click on the three dots icon right next to Guest 1

5. Select Pay from the popup dialog

Results:

The same order gets split over two new orders with new ids. and the paytype of the newly created orders is left empty. Which makes it very hard to know whether this is a split payment case or a new order has been created under the same table name.

Please help, clients are confusing by this issue/

App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dalecampbell avatar image
dalecampbell answered awkasem commented

I would like to know more about it. Thank you so much!

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

awkasem avatar image
awkasem answered

Image 1:

1. add two items for guest 1 & 2 to a new order --- (image 1/1)

2. click on the three dots next to guest 1 --- (image 1/1)

3. click on Pay from the popup --- (image 1/2)

4. complete the payment for guest 1 then click on done to go back --- (image 1/3)

5. first item which is in this case Expresso is not there anymore --- (image 1/4)

img-1.jpg

Image 2:

1. first response is the result of calling the get order by id api on the first webhook --- (image 2 /1)

this is the initial order with the two items before the split. Before step 3 above. ID: N3RST6YDB42Q4

2. second response is the result of calling the get order by id api on the second webhook --- (image 2 /2)

here is the issue: notice that this is a completly new order with a new id and payment state. And it has no reference to the parent order above. It only share the same title which is not enough. Because it can be a new order submitted by the client on the same table name or it could be a split pay like in this case. I don't know how to differentiate between them

3. third response is the result of calling the get order by id api on the third webhook --- (image 2 /3)

this is the parent order but now it doesn't have both items. It only have the item for guest 2 (Americano) and its payType is not even there. And there is no reference to the previous order in step 2.

img-2.jpg

Please help, clients are suffering because of this. And I'm not sure how to solve it. I need a way to know it is a split pay / partial pay / some kind of indicator that is the same order and not a new one. so I know how to handle it on my app.

img-1.jpg (194.8 KiB)
img-2.jpg (157.4 KiB)
10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community