question

intirewebb avatar image
intirewebb asked intirewebb commented

Device "Nick Name" REST API

Hello,

I'm trying to locate the device name (i.e. front register) that a merchant can assign to each device under their Setup > Devices. I can get the device ID that generated the payment but I can't find any values that associate that with a name. This is one of the fields that a merchant can filter on the Transaction > Payment section of the Clover reporting area. Can anyone advise where that field is in the REST API?

Thanks, Mike

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mark R avatar image
Mark R answered intirewebb commented

Try using this web api. This will return following fields. Name is what you are looking for i think.

"name", "model","terminalPrefix","serial","secureId","buildType"

https://api.clover.com/v3/merchants/(...

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

intirewebb avatar image intirewebb commented ·

Hi Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I tried the link you provide in our code but I'm receiving a 401 unauthorized response. I'm using our merchant and device id and passing the authorization token in the headers. Do you have any other thoughts?

0 Likes 0 ·
intirewebb avatar image intirewebb commented ·

Mark,

There were some permission issue that needed to be adjusted for the app but the information you provided worked like a charm. Thanks for your help!

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark R avatar image Mark R commented ·

Glad you got it working! cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community