question

Alan avatar image
Alan asked Alan edited

Notifications not working on EU

Hi Clover,
Our notifications are not working on the EU server for the past few days.
The response is returning `{}` as usual, but our store's clover devices are not getting anything.
(We have been posting via the eu api for the past 8 months, it's working on sandbox, but not eu which indicates it's not an issue caused on our end.
REST API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Alan avatar image
Alan answered Alan edited
They're suddenly working again now. It's hard to not look like fools when we can't give them a proper answer about why issues are happening, without us looking like we're always pointing the finger. It would be great to see clover add some more support resources for the app dev community.

I'm going to try to move over to a third party notification provider, and have a separate question open if anyone has any suggestions.
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan avatar image Dan commented ·

I suspect because it was Labour Day in the US the forums / help desk have gone particularly quiet. Agreed though this is the kind of thing that should be escalated.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alan avatar image Alan Dan commented ·

They've been undelivered since late Thursday/Friday, we were aware labour day was going to slow support, but it's Wednesday now and I can't find any official responses to anybody's questions. The fact that it's back working, I presume someone at Clover has resolved the issue. A simple "Yes, it's back working, here's what happened ... here's the workaround ... if it ever happens again". The last few api issues we're had seemed to go without any official response. We're left bugging our real customers, asking if they wouldn't mind checking if notifications are working every hour (sandbox had been working, and production had been returning "{}" as usual, so no ability to test).

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community