question

meerchant avatar image
meerchant asked georgi commented

App does not have permission MERCHANT_R

I'm trying to get the merchant object, just like in the sample app and I get the following exception:

com.clover.sdk.v1.ForbiddenException: App doesn't have required permission: package com.meerchant.meerclover does not have permission MERCHANT_R

Like the sample app, my manifest has the following permissions: <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.USE_CREDENTIALS"/> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED"/> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS"/> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>

Is there another Clover specific permission I should be asking for?

Merchant
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

You must go to the Developer Dashboard, Editing The App will show you a section called "Modules" you must select witch modules your app uses in order to operate.

I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app when you change modules.

0 Likes 0 ·
meerchant avatar image meerchant commented ·

thanks for your answer, especially on a Sunday

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered georgi commented

Bryanne Vega is correct, these permissions are not controlled from the AndroidManifest, they are controlled from the Developer Dashboard. Take a look at this link, it explains the permissions: https://docs.clover.com/build/android...

6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thanks for your answer, especially on a Sunday

0 Likes 0 ·

I tried that - I uploaded a signed apk and added the merchant module. I then uninstalled the app and reinstalled the signed, release version of the apk and I did get an additional error message: 11-15 17:21:55.191 1623-25370/? I/ServiceHelper: hasPermission(ServiceHelper.java:51): Calling process doesn't have appropriate permission java.lang.SecurityException: package com.meerchant.meerclover does not have permission MERCHANT_R at com.clover.engine.authenticator.AccountAuthenticator.checkPermi

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

Hmm, did you go to the App Market on the device, find your app and choose to Install it?

0 Likes 0 ·

Actually, I had sideloaded it directly from my laptop as we're still working on it. Should I first submit it to Clover even though we're still testing it so it will show up in the App Market?

0 Likes 0 ·

Just re-read the instructions and have submitted our app. I noticed that I could sideload it after the initial install via the App Market. Sorry for not reading thoroughly the first time.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community