question

liju avatar image
liju asked liju commented

Discount application on Orders

Hello,

How does clover calculate/apply subtotal discounts on orders while calculating order total? From my trial and error calculations and comparing with clover calculated totals from receipts, i could assume that a subtotal level percentage or amount discount is subtracted equally from all line items that are taxable.

Is this a correct assumption?

But i also could see that the numbers match closely for most cases even if i spread the discounts across both taxable and non-taxable items in a order. But i am currently unable to conclude the correct procedure as to how Clover does it. I need this to do this calculation in my node server rest apis for online orders placing.

Kindly shed some light on what is the proper way to apply and calculate discounts for an order. And any special logic/sequence it should be done.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Discounts
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

q-factor avatar image
q-factor answered liju commented

You might find this question helpful in your case.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

liju avatar image liju commented ·

Thank you, it is definitely helpful. I did see this post yesterday. The proportionate distribution is what is making difference here in my case. I was doing an equal distribution of discounts across taxable items.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community