question

riiwards avatar image
riiwards asked riiwards commented

Transaction data

1. Is a unique customer id setup for every consumer who pays?

2. When a consumer makes payment, can we get access to the following data: a) a hash for the credit card or other payment mechanism b) customer id, c) amount paid?

3. Can we merge loyalty data like the customer name and number of visits in the cash receipt before it is printed.?

4. If 3. above is not available, can we print a separate receipt with loyalty and customer recognition data?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mark R avatar image
Mark R answered riiwards commented

Will try to answer based on what i know. All these answers are based off REST API references. I am guess you will be able to check out similar solutions using clover SDK

1. There is a unique id for each customer. you can get this id from v3/merchants/{merchantid}/customers api call.
  2. If you have orderID, you can get paymentID and customer details for that order using /v3/merchants/{merchantid}/orders/{merchantid}?expand=customers,payments

Once you know the paymentID, you can call payments api to get more information about that one payment. This will have amount paid, last 4 digits of card, authCode, cardType, TransactionNo etc.

1. There are different approaches to implement this. But I would recommend checking out these links https://github.com/clover/android-exa...

https://github.com/clover/clover-andr...

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

riiwards avatar image riiwards commented ·

Mark, thanks. We are a loyalty program that offers cash discounts based on cash spent. When a card is swiped, we need customer id of the consumer and the amount of the order before the payment is made so we can add the cash discount before authorization. How do we do this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark R avatar image Mark R commented ·

Check out the last comment from Michael. I think he answered it well for your use case.

0 Likes 0 ·
michael avatar image
michael answered
  1. Is a unique customer id setup for every consumer who pays?

There is a unique id for every customer who pays with a credit card. For cash or other tenders there will only be a customer ID if another app (customers, phone order etc) initiated the order and added the linkage

1. When a consumer makes payment, can we get access to the following data: a) a hash for the credit card or other payment mechanism b) customer 2 id, c) amount paid?

You can check the amount prior to the payment, but you will only find out about the customer after the payment has taken place. For all intensive purposes use can consider the customer id as a cross tender equivalent of getting a card hash. But I understand this flow is reversed from what you are looking for (see my comment at the bottom)

1. Can we merge loyalty data like the customer name and number of visits in the cash receipt before it is printed.?

Yes you can add extra data to the printed receipt .. http://devask.clover.com/question/1/h...

Overall I think you may need to rethink your application flow as we are currently not setup for card-linked loyalty. In our system once the payment card (magstripe, chip or contactless) is presented then the transaction begins immediately. If you want to change the amount due on the current order you will need to prompt for loyalty information prior to the payment flow in the same way that grocery/pharmacy stores like Safeway or CVS ask for phone number or the loyalty barcode prior to you paying.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community