question

el-eduardo avatar image
el-eduardo asked jason967 answered

NFC on Flex 3

I have a custom tender application. I wrote some NFC code to read a tag that is not a traditional card but just a simple text tag. If I run on any dev kit I own (Clover mini, Flex2) everything works but I just got a couple of Flex 3s and now the NFC is not working at all when I do

nfcAdapter = NfcAdapter.getDefaultAdapter(...)

I get back a null object. I see this message in the nfc support for clover:

IMPORTANT—Support ended for Android NFC feature from July 2023

With the launch of the third generation of Clover Flex and Mini devices, we no longer support the Android NFC (Near Field Communication) feature.

Is this the source of this issue? Is there any way to get NFC support on these new devices? (even if it is via a custom SDK/API?)

Clover FlexCustom Tenders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
jason967 avatar image
jason967 answered

I recommend contacting Clover's support team to find out if they have any alternative solutions, or perhaps consider using other devices that support NFC if this feature is necessary for your application. slice master game

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community