question

akelly117 avatar image
akelly117 asked akelly117 commented

Question regarding hosted checkout integration into ecommerce site

Hello,

My organization is currently developing a standalone ecommerce site that is hoping to use the Clover hosted checkout functionality to eliminate/greatly reduce our PCI compliance burden.

We already have an existing relationship with Clover and utilize Clover POS devices for other endeavors, so we're hoping to utilize Clover for digital payments on this site instead of initiating an additional, separate vendor relationship. With that said, this new site is not intended to utilize POS devices, Clover inventory management, or the Clover app store. We essentially only want to pass cart/price info to the hosted checkout page where an end user can make a payment through Clover and then be redirected back to our site.

I've been trying to follow the Hosted Checkout API documentation, however, it's not clear to me if our exact use case is an intended usage pattern for Clover. I've created an Ecommerce API Token with integration type HOSTED_CHECKOUT from our business account, however, this token does not work in the Clover sandbox environment.

I'm hoping to get clarification as to whether we're on the right track/utilizing a valid access pattern. If so, I'm curious what I need to do to start utilizing the sandbox environment for development purposes.

Any insight you can provide is appreciated.

Thank you!

REST APIe-commerce apiAPI Token
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered akelly117 commented

you can't use a PROD token for a sandbox environment. Have you tried to look at the existing Clover Hosted payment links for the merchants in Account & Setup>Payment Links?

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

akelly117 avatar image akelly117 commented ·

The issue with the existing Payment Links is they require the customer to enter the amount themselves, which is not desirable. We are hoping to use the Hosted checkout API to pass variable cart/price information to the Hosted Checkout page. This API requires a HOSTED_CHECKOUT Ecommerce API Token. I created one of these, however, I believe it's a PROD token. I don't see an option to create a NON-PROD token though, which is what's really throwing me for a loop.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community