question

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega asked Jacob Abrams commented

HTTP & HTTPS Request

I've seen the message about WebViews having to use HTTPS.

What about HTTP Requests? will they have to transition to HTTPs?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered Jacob Abrams commented

I'm not sure where you saw the message about WebView or which requests you specifically are referring to. Our server already enforces HTTPS for all requests to Clover APIs but there is no requirement that every request coming from a Clover device must be HTTPS. Of course if you are communicating any merchant information over the web you should use HTTPS.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

From merchant's Clover to our Server using HTTP.

Is it mandatory HTTPs? (or soon)

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

I don't believe we will be enforcing HTTPS from Clover devices to all other servers but I would highly recommend it, especially if you are communicating any information about these merchant or using any kind of cookies, tokens or auth method since that would easily leak over HTTP. Pretty much all web traffic these days should be HTTPS: http://blog.codinghorror.com/should-a...

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

Order details (Order Object) with a reply that contains MID, DBA, and a set of parameters that will not identify a business or a specific person.

Your professional suggestion would be?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

I recommend HTTPS I'm sure a business would not want competitors knowing about all their orders which could happen over HTTP.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community