question

Reagan Ammann avatar image
Reagan Ammann asked Reagan Ammann commented

editing a subscription start date?

Trying to harmonize the transaction dates for all the entries in a recurring payment plan. i want them all to be processed on the first of the month. I can use the API to amend the startDate as desired if the subscription is a new entry that doesn't yet have any orders associated with it. However, I'm unable to edit any older subscription entries. The API returns "Start Date can not be updated as Subscription Start Date is past the current date". I don't understand what it's complaining about. Are we not able to edit the payment dates for existing subscriptions?

REST APIPayments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

parquet76 avatar image
parquet76 answered parquet76 edited

The message seems clear, and makes sense to me. Can you delete the subscription and recreate it with the correct date?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Reagan Ammann avatar image
Reagan Ammann answered Reagan Ammann commented

i disagree that the message 'makes sense'. Why are we not able to amend the start dates to be in the future? Nothing in the (thin) documentation about that. I don't want to recreate the subscriptions, as that will generate a bunch of confusing and pointless emails to our customers.

2 comments
10 |2000

parquet76 avatar image parquet76 commented ·
I don't see what other options you have, good luck getting Clover to change their API for you within a time-frame that would help.
0 Likes 0 ·
Reagan Ammann avatar image Reagan Ammann parquet76 commented ·
fair point
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community