question

ferrettinico avatar image
ferrettinico asked ·

Private app

Hi!

We sell in-store and online, and we would like to integrate the sales from Clover to our web site (to sync stock and orders).

For this I wanted to know if it's possible to create some kind of PRIVATE application, as it's something for us only.

Thanks!

1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi ferrettinico. I didn't need to create an app to do this for our store (restaurant). I basically just created an API key through the setup (not recommended for production, but it's an internal app, so not a huge problem.) and started using the REST API with that key (basically skip the oAuth).

0 Likes 0 · ·
Voski avatar image
Voski answered ·

What you would like to do is certainly possible. You can read up on webhooks here https://docs.clover.com/build/web-app...

Then it would be up for you to set up your server to handle the POST request.

6 comments Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your answer, but I still don't see how I can develop a private app that will allow let's say, each time we do a sale in our POS machine communicate to a webhook and do other processes on our own systems

0 Likes 0 · ·

It is hard to say what you need to do without having a better understanding of the situation. Can you describe what you are trying to do and what your current systems are? Is this something that you built?

0 Likes 0 · ·

We have a store and a website, we sell from both channels, we need to have unified stock, so each time we make a sell in the website we can update the stock in clover via the REST API, BUT each time we make a sell in Clover, we cannot inform as we need a webhook for this.

0 Likes 0 · ·

Okay I see so you are able to update your stock on Clover when you have a web sale. You can not update your web stock when you have a Clover sale. What are you using for your web sales? If it is being used by other merchants they may want this functionality too.

0 Likes 0 · ·

We are using Magento.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments
ferrettinico avatar image
ferrettinico answered ·

Thank you so much! I've already using the REST API, but what if for example I want to configure webhooks? (i.e. when I make a sale it calls a certain URL)

2 comments Share

I believe if you want to use webhooks, you will probably have to register. I registered as a developer and that's the only place I saw that I could setup webhooks.

0 Likes 0 · ·

Thanks a lot for your answer. How long did they take to approve you? I've submitted my request 3 weeks ago and still no reply...

0 Likes 0 · ·
rbokajr avatar image
rbokajr answered ·

Hi ferrettinico. I didn't need to create an app to do this for our store (restaurant). I basically just created an API key through the setup (not recommended for production, but it's an internal app, so not a huge problem.) and started using the REST API with that key (basically skip the oAuth).

Tursus Software avatar image
Tursus Software answered ·

We could possibly help you with this. Just email us: info @ tursus.com

1 comment Share

info @ tursus . com

0 Likes 0 · ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community