question

sunny avatar image
sunny asked parquet76 commented

I would like to add payment information to the order information I created. Is this possible?

I'm creating a kiosk app on a third-party Android device. To pay for an order, I use the Clover Connect SDK to pay using the network payment display app. I would like to add payment information to the order information I created. Is this possible?

Orderssecure network pay display
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
parquet76 avatar image
parquet76 answered parquet76 commented

The SDK you are using is for external point of sale systems that typically have their own concept of orders and do not use Clover orders. The SDK is not designed for use with Clover orders. Clover requires an order for all payments so Network Pay Display will create one for you behind the scenes when a payment is made. There is no way per my knowledge to suppress this or to associate an existing order via the SDK. So if you continue doing what you are doing you will end up with two orders.

You have a few options and there are complexities and pitfalls with each. I am not 100 percent either will work because I have never tried to build a kiosk app. Option 1 - you create the order and use the SDK you are using to launch a custom activity on the Clover device (the SDK has an API to do this). You pass the order id when you launch the activity and your app on the Android/clover device side uses the Clover Android payments API to create the payment (I think it has the capability to associate an existing order). Plenty of pitfalls here, you have to make sure the order has synced to the Clover device, you have to wire up all these moving pieces, you need an Android app to be approved and installed on the Clover device. Option 2 is a hack and I probably shouldn't even mention it. You do what you are doing now and you end up with two orders (not ideal) and you try using the rest API to create a payment record for the order you have created via the kiosk (check the rest API reference). This will be very odd, you will have to use an external tender and will have two orders and two payments. This won't be good for the merchants bookkeeping etc. A lot of things can go wrong here too. There may be some better options but that is all I can think of. Good luck.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sunny avatar image sunny commented ·

Do you mean that I need to create an app for order delivery on the Clover Flex device?

0 Likes 0 ·
parquet76 avatar image parquet76 sunny commented ·
Yes, the remote pay SDK you are using provides no mechanism to link a clover order to a payment (it will always create an order for you behind the scenes and you will always end up with two orders, the one you created and the one the pay display app created).
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community