question

jordonshaw avatar image
jordonshaw asked captainben commented

Trying to print from rest api

I have a web app and I'm using the Rest API to push orders into my vendor's Clover device. Order shows up great. As a last step, so that the vendor knows the order is there, I'm hitting the print_event endpoint to print the order. When I do, I get a response back from the endpoint that the state us CREATED, it has an orderSnapshot, it has a createdTime, a modifiedTime, and a printTime. Everything I would expect to receive from a successful print; however nothing ever comes out of the printer. I cannot for the life of me figure it out. The vendor can go to the order and print it, but nothing ever comes out. Any ideas on what I can try or look at? I know the documentation says it prints to the "default printer" but where do we check which printer is the default printer or where do we set the default printer?

REST APIPrint
7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·
Hey can you provide me the orderID and merchantID for me to take a look at the logs.
0 Likes 0 ·
jordonshaw avatar image jordonshaw bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you so much for your response. So, what I have been able to nail down about this is that an order without any modifiers, prints great. The moment you add a modifier, that's when it doesn't print anymore. Here are the details:
OrderID: QTGZ24KW9V5KG
MID: 9PYMFQVEHNMT1

I put this one in this morning and it did not print. If you want to compare that to one that did print, OrderID: NF4QZGJAGGH8E worked as expected.

0 Likes 0 ·
bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ jordonshaw commented ·
Thanks for this information, so Clover doesn't support firing custom items with Clover modifiers. I would recommend using the inventory item with its modifiers if you want it to print using the print endpoint.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community