question

mkonnekt avatar image
mkonnekt asked Jacob Abrams answered

What are non-revenue items

I am trying to decide if I should make delivery fee line item (because cannot pass it on as service Charge which can only be a whole number percentage) - revenue or non-revenue item.

Please let me know the way non-revenue differs from revenue - does it not sum up in total revenues or does it not show up in sales list. What should be the correct selection for a delivery fee on an order among revenue and non-revenue.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered

Non-revenue is intended for something like a gift card purchase. For gift cards no good or service has been delivered until the card is used so the card sale itself is not revenue. I don't know if our support for non-revenue line items is fully complete. I haven't tried running reports with non-revenue line items to see what happens.

Regardless it doesn't sound like a delivery fee should be considered non-revenue because in this case it is part of the service being paid for.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community