question

dougc avatar image
dougc asked joel-eu commented

What is maximum number of items allowed in inventory?

We have a large potential customer for Clover who has 20,000 items in their price book and would like to be assured that in the future Clover could handle upwards of 40,000 items.

Rumor is that 15,000 is the maximum number of items. But in doing some research on the old Google community this might just be the limit on uploading an Excel file.

What is the official maximum number of items?? Thank you,

Inventory
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered

Currently there is no limit on the total number of items that can exist per merchant. However there are limits in various places yes. I think the limit on importing from Excel may be 2000 right now, but that just means you can only do that many per Excel file so you could split it up into multiple files. Once you reach 10000 items the register app no longer displays items in a Grid, so List will be used instead. Things definitely slow down a bit at higher numbers of items but I have tested 12,000 without too much trouble. I can't say what kind of issues you will run into with 20000 or 40000. My guess is 20000 will be okay but slow, 40000 might cause more significant problems in some areas but I can't say for certain.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tina avatar image
tina answered joel-eu commented

15,000 items is our current suggested maximum for Inventory app. Any more items than that and the account is at risk for slower performance.

https://help.clover.com/announcements...

3 comments
10 |2000

Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

Also, you can only upload 15k per import on the inventory app on excel (using the Clover's Dashboard)

0 Likes 0 ·
joel-eu avatar image joel-eu commented ·

Is the 15k limit still suggested? We're looking for a system that can handle 200,000 skus.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

Clover will support the amount of SKUs, at the sake of speed.

It's not intended for a warehouse, so make sure they have a good enough internet connection.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community