question

shortkut-dev avatar image
shortkut-dev asked shortkut-dev commented

How to create a Unified app install experience from One APK Install.

we have two app, one is webcomponent and another is an clover/android app which needs to get deployed to the clover station. Currently we setup up the webcomponent and then install the clover app seperately.

As we are getting ready to publish our app, we are trying to figure out few things 1. How do we package the android app so that, installing the android app would also install the web component. Are there instructions we can follow to do this. 2. What is the best auth model, so that we can only auth on one clover station for the app and all clover station for that merchant will be able to call our Service when the app is used from any clover station.?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

anthonypinto avatar image
anthonypinto answered shortkut-dev commented

A clover app can have both a web app component, and an on-device Android component. Simply add the web details (site url, CORS domain), and then also upload your APK.

When a merchant installs the app from the Clover app store, either online or on a device, the merchant will see your app on their web dashboard, and have the option to download your app on any of their devices.

Regarding auth, any device belonging to a subscribed merchant will have the option of downloading the Android component of your app. Once downloaded, the on-device app can use the standard connectors to access merchant data and make requests to your service with whatever data you use as an identifier.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shortkut-dev avatar image shortkut-dev commented ·

About auth, I didn't actually understand.. My Question is once the app is installed, the app needs to kind of register with the service so we are sure the requests coming to us are coming from the clover device What data from connector can we use as identified? Do you have a sample?

0 Likes 0 ·
anthonypinto avatar image anthonypinto commented ·

Because it is your app on the device, and your app can make it's own out-going http requests, you can pass any data you would like to use for authentication with your service, from the merchant connector, or from some separate flow native to your app.

0 Likes 0 ·
shortkut-dev avatar image
shortkut-dev answered

About auth, I didn't actually understand..

My Question is once the app is installed, the app needs to kind of register with the service so we are sure the requests coming to us are coming from the clover device

What data from connector can we use as identified?

Do you have a sample?

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community