question

flexwashtechnologies avatar image
flexwashtechnologies asked lashly commented

App Install Fails

We have an app on the Clover Flex Gen 2. Our most recent APK is failing to install on production devices in our release group. This same APK is loading on the sandbox clover device just fine and running. We had something like this happen recently (worked on sandbox device but not in production), it ended up being some issue with a dependency minor version change. This time around we have tried adjusting our dependency version changes again, but the production APK still fails to install.

I was hoping someone can pull the device debug logs and give any more info on what may be going on? We have already run the apk verifier to confirm it is a V1 signature.

This is the production device serial number: C043UQ02670689

The post from the same issue we had last time: https://community.clover.com/questions/38739/app-install-fails.html

App Market
10 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·
Your published app version has 42 installs. Are you referring to some other version?
0 Likes 0 ·
flexwashtechnologies avatar image flexwashtechnologies Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·
Yes, referring to the latest versions that have not been published. Version 27 is the latest, Version 28 is pending approval and has some other attempts at a fix. With all the recent versions after our latest published one we are having installations fail in our production release group.

I was hoping to get the debug logs and try and narrow down that the issue might be, right now we are just blindly trying to change different things and submit new versions. It's hard to figure out as on the sandbox device the app runs fine, even the release apk can be installed on it without any issue. It only fails when uploaded to production.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ flexwashtechnologies commented ·
I looked at your developer console. I don't see any release groups created for version 2.17 / 27. Am I missing something?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
Dan avatar image
Dan answered lashly commented

Have you seen this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55173004/targeting-sdk-android-q-results-in-failed-to-finalize-session-install-failed-i

It sounds like you (or a dependency) is doing something unusual with your release apk. Have you tried uploading the exact release apk that is failing in production to the sandbox account and downloading it through More Tools to see if it also fails? That will tell you if the live app store is failing at some extra process, or if it's more than likely your apk's fault

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lashly avatar image lashly commented ·

I really appreciate and Nice post

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

This is a known problem on our end. Please get in touch with developer-relations@devrel.clover.com and they will be able to get you through it.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community