question

balasekhar avatar image
balasekhar asked balasekhar commented

Merchant requirements

I had a chance to veiw the video that talks about entire app creation and app approval process.So, Clover likes to have all the merchant requirements to be built in the app.

Is there any video or link or a document that talks about the merchant's basic requirements from an app ?

App MarketMerchant
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

l-thomasson avatar image
l-thomasson answered balasekhar commented

Can you please elaborate on merchant requirements?

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

balasekhar avatar image balasekhar commented ·

Merchant requirements include the features such as

1. Partial amount billing during credit card processing

2.Split billing during credit card processing

etc.,

There is a video that explained that in the app approval process, Clover will look for all possible merchant needs including certain features mentioned above.

So, I was wondering whether Clover has a document or a video explaining the merchant needs ?

0 Likes 0 ·
l-thomasson avatar image
l-thomasson answered balasekhar commented

There are different requirements for types of apps.

If the app is a semi-integrated application (using a 3rd party hardware and Clover devices only to process payments) then we need to see specific payment capability since we do not have that hardware

I am not aware of any Merchant Experience videos that we have however, as someone who has worked on the app approval side, the best thing to do is make the app as smooth as possible for the merchant.
This includes
1)Once the app in installed by the merchant, what is the log in process. It is possible to set it up with OAuth

2) Make sure all bugs and crashes are figured out and removed if possible.

The best possible experience is what we hope to see from the apps that get submitted

1 comment
10 |2000

balasekhar avatar image balasekhar commented ·

Thanks. Just a few more clarifications.

We are developing a Clover API app with Rest API. This means We use Clover API’s to access the merchant Clover POS to update merchant inventory, make an order and Pay.

These are my Questions :

1, In the app approval process, the Clover team will just make the evaluation based on the working of API connections with the Merchant Clover POS ? or will the Clover team also evaluate the full functionality of Pikky’s app too, which our app user(customer) will install on their smartphone to navigate and then make a payment ?

2. Do you have any sample app approval mock videos ?

3. I just wanted to confirm that when we develop the app for Clover POS and get the app approved, Clover is responsible for the PCI compliance with respect to the approved app on behalf of our company (Pikky technologies Inc ) ? and it is covered based on the 30% revenue sharing agreement we agreed during our app development phase with Clover ?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community