question

paulhali avatar image
paulhali asked paulhali commented

Labeling an Order Type

Hi, I have a booking software and my clients use clover for both online payments and in house sales. They want to be able to have their online orders show up in the reporting section labeled that it was an online order. We have spoke with our clover contact - and he suggested we ask the phrase below:

how to trigger an Order Type so that the payments are labeled for Reporting on the merchant’s side…

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered paulhali commented

Who is creating these "online" orders? An order type can be associated with an order via API. I am not 100% sure if the end result of doing that will be that the reports are generated as the merchant would like. If you are the integrator you can make some changes to how you create the order (add an order type) and then try it out in sandbox.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

paulhali avatar image paulhali commented ·
Hey, ok, I’ll pass that on to the head developer.

Basically a customer is making a deposit for an event online, then they pay for the remainder of the fee at the physical venue on the day of the event. They’re looking to have that online order somehow be ‘labeled’ differently so they can itemize it out. They’re a franchise so these details are important for them .

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ paulhali commented ·

If your integration is creating the order, then as I said above you can add an order type. https://docs.clover.com/docs/working-with-orders

0 Likes 0 ·
paulhali avatar image paulhali David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks a lot, David.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community