question

jdcunha avatar image
jdcunha asked katenelson092 commented

Clover Remote Pay Android SDK issue when app targets Android 12

Hello,

My semi-integrated Android POS targets Android API level 31 (Android 12) and pulls in the Clover Remote Pay Android SDK via Gradle. When trying to install on an Android 12 device, the installation fails citing the following exception:

android.content.pm.PackageParser$PackageParserException: /data/app/vmdl1438200283.tmp/base.apk (at Binary XML file line #145): com.clover.remote.client.transport.usb.pos.PosUsbBroadcastReceiver: Targeting S+ (version 31 and above) requires that an explicit value for android:exported be defined when intent filters are present

I think Clover needs to update the manifest file in the Remote Pay Android SDK to conform to the following: https://developer.android.com/about/versions/12/behavior-changes-12#exported. I looked at the manifest file in the Github repo and it appears to be missing exported="true" on some items where it is necessary as per the linked documentation.

semi-integrations
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ferty avatar image ferty commented ·

Could you possibly provide an update on this? Android 13 is now out, and this problem is seriously impeding the performance of our software. backrooms

0 Likes 0 ·
mikebrooking avatar image
mikebrooking answered katenelson092 commented

Thanks for the heads up. We'll review these changes and address in a future update.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jdcunha avatar image jdcunha commented ·
Hi Mike,

Is there a timeline for this update? We are hoping to implement Android 12 support for our app and this issue is preventing that.

0 Likes 0 ·
katenelson092 avatar image katenelson092 commented ·

I was hoping you might provide an update on this situation. Android 13 has been released, and the performance of our program is being severely hindered as a result of this issue. backrooms

0 Likes 0 ·
mikebrooking avatar image
mikebrooking answered vhernandez commented

Can you please try with our latest version, 4.3.5 ?

3 comments
10 |2000

Just tried with 4.3.5 and still getting the same error described in my original post. I am looking at the manifest file here and am still seeing that it is missing the exported attribute on a couple nodes.

0 Likes 0 ·
Can I get an update on this please? Android 13 is now out and this issue is really holding back our app.
0 Likes 0 ·
vhernandez avatar image vhernandez commented ·

This is not fixed yet, 1671132321140.png

is it going to be fixed soon?

0 Likes 0 ·
1671132321140.png (159.1 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community