question

kirank avatar image
kirank asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Ecom API: Need Help with Error 402

Hello,

We need help with a few payment calls (ID will be in moderator's post) that returned 402 error.

Status      : 402
Status Text : Payment Required

Our logs did not capture an additional details. So since it was 402, our app marked them as failed payment. However, on Clover side they show up as successful transactions. Can you please let us know what happened?

REST APIecommerce
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

The void failed on the payment I checked due to a transient problem. You will need to refund these payments.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kirank avatar image kirank commented ·

What is the recommendation on handling this? The transient failure is fine. That is expected sometimes. The issue is, these payments are successful on Clover's transaction list.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ kirank commented ·
I understand this isn't ideal, but refund is the only option now. I am creating a ticket for our ecomm team to investigate increasing the number of void retries so these types of things don't happen.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community