question

mbee avatar image
mbee asked awoo23 answered

Managing future orders

We are sending orders to the clover system via our ordering platform and the API. Some orders are future orders and need to be made later in the day or even tomorrow.........is there any allowance for this in Clover to make this work? With so many restaurants needing to manage future order times, seems like there needs to be a way to enter an order and have the options for “now” or a future date/ time selection.

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Unfortunately, I think the answer now is that you would have to manage this on your end by queuing them on your end and only sending them to us when ready. I will check with the broader team to see what the other options are.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mbee avatar image
mbee answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Thanks David. This is a critical feature for restaurants especially with the recent emphasis on to go orders. Queuing them on our end on a busy night with hundreds of orders isn’t something that the employees can keep up with. As far as what other POS providers have, Toast and Upserve have this feature and Square has it in Beta testing. Really hoping Clover can add this feature soon.

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

We have this natively via Clover online ordering, I am not sure the functionality is exposed to third parties. I am not implying the employees manage the orders, I am implying that you would manage the orders on your server and not actually submit them until ready for preparation.

0 Likes 0 ·
mbee avatar image
mbee answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Thanks David. Call in orders for future times we are having the same issue. Just seems like a must have feature for restaurants that I hope Clover adds soon because the demand for future orders and call aheads keeps growing.

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Like I said, Clover online ordering supports this (I believe). So, it is possible for you to support it as well (you would need to manage the orders on your end, and not send them until ready for preparation).
0 Likes 0 ·
awoo23 avatar image
awoo23 answered

@mbee we are running into the same issue but are just in the research phase.

Question for you: Has Clover been a good channel for finding customers?

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community