question

thatpondplace avatar image
thatpondplace asked thatpondplace commented

changes in the cost of an inventory item

how do I change the COST of an inventory item without changing the historical sales.

Inventory
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Can you explain what you're trying to accomplish? Are you looking at a specific report or something? Are you talking about cost or price? When line items are added to an order the state of the inventory at that time is copied to the line item. This applies for the price of the item it does not apply to the cost.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thatpondplace avatar image
thatpondplace answered thatpondplace commented

Hi.. many of my inventory items "cost" changes several times per year. So when I add inventory that has a new cost I have to clone the item, because if I change the cost of it to the new cost, it updates all the past sales I had with the new cost so my margins are always incorrect.

2 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
How do you calculate your margins? Do you use a clover report? Or do you have a manual process?
0 Likes 0 ·
thatpondplace avatar image thatpondplace David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Well I would like to use Clover Reports

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community