question

Todd avatar image
Todd asked mikebrooking answered

Clover Mini Sandbox USB Pay Display Crashes

I have a Clover Mini Sandbox terminal. It has worked as expected since owning it. As of the last week or so, when I make a connection to the device the connection looks like it is successful, but any interactions with it causes the USB Pay Display app to go to an empty screen and hang. After about a minute the dialog appears asking to wait / close the app. I've tried several different machines. It also occurs using the Sample POS app provided by Clover. As soon as I try to add an item to a transaction after connecting, the program shows the item (i.e. hamburger) added but the terminal by this point is on a blank screen. Sometimes it goes to the Lock Screen prompting for PIN. By that point, the app shows the device is disconnected. I've tried release 4.0.3, 4.0.4, and 4.0.5 in Windows 7, 10 and 11. Nothing has worked. I've noticed events in the Event Log like

The description for Event ID 0 from source Application cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

System.String->SDKInfo from assembly and registry = com.clover.cloverconnector.windows_DLL|USB:4.0.5

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

or another one indicating that a file could not be found.

Is this a device error? Driver error? I'm at a loss.

Clover MiniUSB Pay Display
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

What is the serial number of the device? Have you checked the device logs (adb logcat)?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Todd avatar image
Todd answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Serial: C030UQ53460738

Merchant ID: PD4HK0HED1S9C

I have not checked the device logs. I did a quick search on add logcat before replying and came across this page (https://docs.clover.com/docs/setting-up-your-devkit) which I'm pretty sure I've seen in the past and never had any luck with. I did use the Send Device Logs from the terminal.

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks, the semi integrations team is looking into this.
0 Likes 0 ·
mikebrooking avatar image
mikebrooking answered

We have published a fix for this issue on sandbox. If you refresh you should see pay display apps updating which should resolve your issue.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community