question

thedangler avatar image
thedangler asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

Internet down connection local wifi and LTE devices

Hello,

I'm in a pickle and no one has been able to answer me this question.
All Station Duo's are out of stock with LTE.
My client needs LTE. However she currently has Flex devices with LTE.
If she takes an order and tells it to print at the station printer will that work if internet goes down and the Flex devices are running off LTE and WiFi?
Is it a local network until it requests to sync data with Clover servers?

If internet goes down, Clover should still be able to run internally until a connection is made.

Please advise.

Clover FlexClover Station
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thedangler avatar image thedangler commented ·

follow up, anyone know if they are working on local wifi to wifi connections to clover devices?
That way a merchant can have 1 LTE device instead of all and it can be a hub? Chip shortage has me thinking.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ thedangler commented ·
I think you're asking if one Clover device can be a wifi hotspot for other Clover devices. The answer to that is no. You can of course use any 3rd party hotspot and connect all of your Clover devices to that.
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

No, Clover devices do not sync directly between each other. They require access to the Clover cloud to sync.

If she takes an order and tells it to print at the station printer will that work if internet goes down and the Flex devices are running off LTE and WiFi?

You'll need to elaborate. You can't tell a Station to print an order from a Flex, unless I'm missing something. Maybe you are just saying the same as above and asking if the order on the Flex will sync to the Station so someone using the Station can print it?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community